After 9 weeks down in Panama City, FL for Paul's dive school, we are now back in CT enjoying our last 7 weeks here before moving to our new location of...SAN DIEGO!!! We just found out today that we are for sure going to California for the next 2 1/2 years where Paul will be one of the docs for the Navy SEALs out in Coronado. We are very excited to finally get the chance to go to San Diego since that is where we thought we were going for internship before God got His hands on our plans! It just goes to show that He really does know what's best for us because in hindsight it really did work out better that we went to Virginia for internship. The only downfall to living in San Diego is that we won't be able to afford to buy a house. That means we will have to rent the entire time that we're out there, which is hard for Paul and I now that we have been homeowners.

All in all, Paul is doing well in his Undersea Medical Officer training. He was the "Honor Man" down in FL (he had the highest combined physical and academic scores) and is currently second in his class up here in CT, so apparently he picked the right field. He will graduate on December 15th, and then we will probably load up the moving truck the following day and begin our journey west. Once in San Diego, Paul would like to do some occasional moonlighting in an ER there to get more experience in Emergency Medicine before he goes to residency (which will hopefully be back in MN).

I am loving being back in CT. We got back just in time to see the fall colors and the weather is perfect right now. I ended up not enjoying FL as much as I thought I would...a little too hot and sticky for me and Kade was still a little too young to really play in the sand or enjoy the ocean. Paul and I were able to go scuba diving for the first time in a couple years, but a couple days later I was in the hospital getting 5 hours of dive sickness treatment. Little did the doctors know that I actually had mastitis from nursing, rather than dive sickness. After just one day of going on an antibiotic I was back to normal. But now over the last few weeks I have spent the majority of my time laying down because my pregnancy is making me feel a little more sick than last time. I am also much more sensitive to smells this time than I was with Kade, so I think that Kade is going to have a little sister! Paul doesn't really agree with my theory.

Kade will be one year old on 11/20! He has learned a lot of new tricks over the past couple of months, including kneeling, standing, creeping (while holding on to furniture), walking with assistance, waving, saying "mama" and "dada", clapping and saying "yay", and raising his arms up when we ask "how big is Kade". He also is a pro at climbing up and down the stairs and is getting very good at getting down off the furniture (thanks to Paul's training efforts). Unfortunately, he has developed a bit of an attitude when it comes to eating and napping, with some days being better than others. I think it may be due to me weaning him.

Our friends from Virginia are coming up here to visit us in a couple weeks for Thanksgiving, and we are all planning on going to the Macy's Day Parade in NYC (weather permitting). That should be an interesting experience! Then the following week my mom and I (and Kade) will be going out to CA to try to find us a place to rent. I needed her to help out with Kade since Paul can't come, and I definitely didn't have to twist her arm too much to get her to babysit in sunny San Diego! We should be able to get home to MN for the holidays. If everything works out like we hope, we'll stop in MN (and IA very briefly) on our way out to CA with the moving truck. We hope to get to San Diego by 12/29 and be mostly unpacked by New Year's. Our friends who live in Phoenix may join us to help us bring in the New Year in our new place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Trip 11/24/22