Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Thought I would send out a quick update before the baby is born. I am due on June 6th, which is only a week and a half away so I am currently holding my breath wondering when little Jacey will arrive. Overall I'm feeling good. Heartburn is about my only complaint right now, aside from how difficult it is to get up off the couch! Just like with Kade I have been blessed with a very good pregnancy and now we are just praying that the delivery will go just as well. I will be having the baby at the Balboa Navy hospital which is about 30 minutes away in good traffic so it might be an interesting trip if I need to get there during rush hour! Kade took his sweet time coming so if Jacey is anything like he was I shouldn't have a problem getting there in time.

Paul is still enjoying his job, but work has gotten significantly busier in the last month or two. The atmosphere at his office is very laid back, but Paul with his OCD and overachiever tendencies has been putting in a lot more hours lately trying to make the "system" better. He said trying to change anything in the Navy pretty much takes an act of Congress so he gets frustrated on a daily basis, but I guess if he can just improve a few things here and there it will have been worth it for him. I keep telling him he needs to adopt the California state of mind and just take it easy and go with the flow, but any of you that know my husband probably know the chances of that ever happening!

Kade is in a phase where he seems to learn something new every day. He is learning a lot of animal sounds and words and understands so much more of what we say than he used to. He's also gotten taller and has more teeth so he is starting to look more and more like a little boy every day. We've taught him that he is not the baby any more, he is the "bubba" since baby Jacey is going to be the baby of the family real soon. He is fascinated by my big belly, especially my belly button. Can't say I find it fascinating at all. Instead I am looking forward to getting out of my maternity clothes and being able to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath!

Our church and small groups are still going really well. I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize one of the women from my bible study about a month ago. What a great experience that was. We also had our senior pastor and his wife over for dinner a couple weeks ago. In a church of over 4,000 members it can be difficult to get acquainted with the church leaders, so we were happy to be able to get to know them a little better and tell them a little about ourselves as well. Our couples' group is currently doing a study called "Establishing Effective Discipline for your Children", which is great since we all have toddlers and are at the point where we really need to start working on discipline with them. Every week the stories people tell seem to get better and better and we end up spending half of our time laughing! Ah, the joys of parenting.

We've had several visitors in the past couple of months, which has made time just fly by. First my parents and grandparents came from MN just before Easter, then some friends of ours came down to visit from Seattle. About a month ago I was able to spend some time with a girlfriend of mine from IA who was in town for a conference, and just this weekend we had our friends from Phoenix here visiting. We love having people come stay with us and the weather is usually very accommodating, so if you get the chance to come to San Diego in the next two years definitely let us know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Trip 11/24/22